Wednesday 8 April 2015

OUGD603: The Homegrown Collective Initial ideas & Development

So I started sketching out ideas. My original plan was to draw each letter so that it looked like bark on a tree. I printed out their name and traced around it creating the effect I wanted.












I finished the design and showed it to the guys at THC. They really liked it but wanted something a bit more simple, with clean lines. I decided to try some more ideas.















I showed them a few more designs that I had finished and they decided they wanted this one:


I still felt like they were unhappy with what I produced so I decided to develop some more ideas further. I took the idea of homegrown, and tried to make the logo look as if something was growing out of a building.

























This was the final outcome that I finished with. When I showed them the new design they were over the moon and said it was exactly what they were looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment