Wednesday 15 October 2014

OUGD603: Spick & Span - Name, Logo and Font choice/ ideas

After deciding upon the name Spick & Span I needed a font that would suit the overall design. I wanted something friendly, clean and clear.






At this moment in time I've chosen this font below. I feel like it is clean, clear and friendly, but it may be a little bit child like for what I'm trying to do.


I sketched out a few ideas of the logo to see what was appropriate and what symbols I could use etc.




I digitalised my ideas onto the computer:

I thought about spinning the ampersand around and changing into a rubber duck. I thought that when you picture a rubber duck you think about having a bath/ keeping clean etc.





I also thought about changing the ampersand into somebody wearing marigolds, yellow gloves is another symbol that relates to cleaning.



The idea of having a plunger as the logo was a thought I had, put having played around with it I realised its more of a symbol of drain unblocking etc. 



I also tried changing the font to see if any others worked well:











No comments:

Post a Comment